Free Climbing Guides
- The Northern Tablelands
- The Crag.com is a fantastic resource which is community driven and constantly changing. You can compile guides for areas or specific trips you are planning and upload any new climbs you have sent. It can also be a great way to track you climbing progress.
- Upper Gara gorge 895kb
- A climber’s guide to The Gara Boulders, The Fortress & The Bastille. This is the closest area to town and has a lot of varied climbing style to offer.
- Ebor Falls 152 kb
- A climber’s guide to Ebor Falls. Only an hour from Armidale this area offers some great cracks and aretes.
- Yellow Wall 168 kb
- A climber’s guide to Yellow Wall and surrounding cliffs.
- Moonbi Slabs
- A climber’s guide to the Moonbi Slab can be found on the crag.com
- Mt Yarrowyck 88 kb
- There is still some good stuff there if you can find it and there is probably also some unclimbed potential.
- Cathedral Rocks 34 kb
- A climber’s guide to Cathedral Rocks. Very limited climbing.
- The waterfalls 110 kb
- A climber’s guide to the Waterfalls. Some of the very first climbing done in the region. Mostly large multi-pitch climb that can only be done during drought.
Guides on private land
There are a number of great local climbing areas which are on private property. We don’t feel it is a good idea to publish them freely. If you want to climb at any of these areas contact us.
GUIDE TO NORTH EASTERN NSW
If you are interested in buying a copy of the new version send your contact details and request to email@example.com.
The Guide to NorthEastern NSW is a publication of the University of New England Outdoor Adventure Club. This book contains a multitude of walks, canyons, climbs, caves and canoe trips that may be done in this region of the world.
Stores which may have copies of this book include the following:
- Armidale Outdoors, 152 Rusden St. Armidale, NSW, 2351. Tel: (02 6772 7744
- United Campus Bookshops, University of New England, Armidale, NSW, 2351. Tel: (02) 6773 2289
- Mountain Equipment, 491 Kent St, Sydney, NSW, 2000. Tel: (02) 9264 5888
For more information on the guide book, and how to locate a copy, write to:U.N.E.O.A.C
C/- Sports UNE,
University of New England,
Armidale, N.S.W. 2351. Australia.
If you think you might have any suggestions for additions / alterations to the current edition, please contact the guidebook editor at the above email address.